Every holiday has its special character; Hanukkah, beyond the Maccabees, and the candles, and the longest benching of the year, remains a time of warm memories. It’s fun. The Men’s Club, along with the Sisterhood, invites you to celebrate the magic of the holiday with us at our Hanukkah Dance.
The event is a time for our community to come together. We realized in our planning meetings that we wanted an event that everyone, young and old, single and married, could attend. The dance is as much about looking at dancing and learning how to dance as it is about dancing on the dance floor. Music by Shimon Radu, no stranger to the ballroom, will compliment dance demonstrations from the École de danse Gilles Beaulieu. For those that want to, there will be time to join in the action.
Once Hanukkah has passed, the Men’s Club will be gearing up for our cavalcade of February events. Please call Debbie at the office, 514.481.7727 x224, and let her know if you would like to volunteer in any of the following activities:
· Basketball and Floor Hockey Leagues
· Approaching businesses and kosher restaurants for door prizes at the Superbowl
· Getting supplies for the Superbowl
· Selling Superbowl Tickets, which are available from Debbie in the office (yes, you can purchase your own as well)
· Helping out at the Superbowl or our blood drive
· Asking merchants to display our February events poster
· Donating a bottle of Scotch to our Scotch event
· Delivering memorial candles
The Men’s Club is looking for a few good members, particularly those with creative ideas, to participate in planning our activities. If you have about an evening a month to spend with us, we would be pleased to welcome you aboard!